Open Collective Foundation (OCF) is looking to hire a Communications Organizer to work 3 hours a day at $30/hr ($24k/year part time) to amplify our collectives' work. Priority will be give to applications received by December 1st.
Are you a person who loves engaging people on social media to talk about things like #mutualaid #socialjustice #climatechange #opensource #solidarityeconomy #e2c #dao #coops #nonprofits ? We want to hire you!
Open Collective Foundation is a nonprofit with a tech platform that enables over 301 groups to raise and spend over $13 million dollars a year in full transparency.
We are 1 node in an international network of 600+ nonprofits, businesses, and co-ops that use our shared open-source tech platform to create efficiencies with money to build commons -- supporting 7000+ collectives who raise and spend $35m a year in full transparency.
We are working on an “exit to community”, so that the platform will be owned by the people who use it. Solidarity is our Guiding Principle and we aim to resource existing communications work in the solidarity economy movement, rather than replicating it. Priority will be given to social media pros + communications organizers who are already active in Open Collective Foundation and/or the Solidarity Economy movement.
We think you will enjoy this role if you are a person who:
- loves social media as a way to connect with people, build relationships, + organize
- wants to share the work of 300+ mutual aid, climate justice, social justice, + open source groups on IG / Twitter / FB / TikTok? / Discord? / phone trees? / emails? <-- this is what you are going to deepen and make real!
- has a vision for influencing the world to increase TRANSPARENT BUDGETS and COLLECTIVE WORK to spread power and wealth
- loves making beautiful clips of videos/podcasts + sharing + connecting on social media with image descriptions / accessibility and translation / language justice
- thrives in a remote and self-directed workplace using slack, zoom, gDocs, + Trello
- is learning / well versed in solidarity + cooperative economies
- already retweets, organizes, and/or attends events with groups like @USFWC @TheSELC @NewEconomics @HighlanderCtr @Cruxxr @PeoplesHub @ABookkeepingCooperative
- already uses hashtags like #transparency #mutualaid #opensource #solidarityeconomy #e2c #dao #coops #platform coops #dualpower regularly
- is excited to post original content made by a community of artist-organizers like @CooperativeJournal and @reeverthingproject who receive monthly stipends from OCF as Fellows to draw, sing, dance, taste, and feel into the solidarity economy.
- is skilled at following a style guide (OCF colors / type / spacing) and chopping up video and audio like this and this to educate and organize people via social media to learn about open source, mutual aid, climate justice, social justice, cooperatives, platform coops, crypto + DAOs, and the solidarity economy movement
- can send us work samples of how you are doing ^ already.
The pay is transparent (like everything we do) and is $24k over 52 weeks, or $461 a week, or 15 hrs a week / roughly 3 hours a day x 5 days a week at $30/hr. We will check in about how you can grow this role or add to the many areas of the Open Collective constellation, if we are mutually excited and budget allows.
To learn more
- Check out our website & docs
- Follow us on IG / Twitter / FB
- Meet our team at OCF (the nonprofit) and team at OC (the tech platform)
- See all the groups we host and our own transparent budget
Possible Daily Workflow: 3 hours a day x 5 days a week <--- to adjust as you like
- check email + slack (#ocf-workspace and #oc-marketing) for mentions of you or Shannon
- look at this content doc for content to edit (podcasts/videos), content to post, and social media pitches and move things from slack into this doc
- 1 hr - listen / watch content and edit it and consider live tweet from events you’re watching
- 1 hr - post, tag, comment, engage, and play on socials!
- check in with the OC/F team + coordinate with Caroline / Shannon as well as SE partners
Possible Weekly Workflow <--- to adjust as you like
- Mondays? TBA - check in with Caroline/Shannon about events / goals for the week
- Tuesdays at 3pm EST we have a 1 hr OCF team meeting (the only synchronous meeting with the whole OCF team)
- Tuesdays - Fridays 9-9:30am - daily standup for tech / dev team on OC (totally optional)
- TBA - attend events that people suggest or present at (Alanna, Pia, and Mike)