Close to $2Million raised for COVID-19, plus lots of new features 😍
Collectives Responding to Covid-19
We've been humbled and impressed by the 270 groups actively using Open Collective for COVID relief efforts. Together, they've raised close to 2 million USD to support their causes.
Open Collective and our Non Profit sister organizations have waived 100% of our fees on those funds as our contribution to the effort. 🙏
Customize Page SectionsReorder and turn on and off every section on your Collective page:
Optional default tier
We hear you! To opt out of the default 'donation' tier, go to settings > tiers > untick 'enable custom contributions'.
Express yourself on updates, conversations and expenses!
Expense comments made private
We've heard you some more! Now only visible to the submitter and admins, due to often containing confidential payment information.
- Hover over 'estimated annual budget' to see a breakdown of monthly recurring and total received contributions.
- Fiscal hosts can now turn off Paypal as a payout option.
- Gift cards can be limited to Collectives with a specific tag.As always, you can see the full changelog here.
Open Call to Developers:
Modulo is looking for a technical partner to support families impacted by school closures.
When schools closed in early March, Eric Ries and Manisha Snoyer set up a hotline to support families impacted by School Closures. They've helped 100k families impacted by school closures. Modulo has recently joined Open Collective Foundation and they are looking for a developer who can join them to support and inspire the millions of families who will be homeschooling in the fall. If interested, please contact email@example.com
See: https://schoolclosures.org/ or https://www.modulo.app/.
News & Inspiration
- Collectives are doing important work for #BlackLivesMatter, like West Brooklyn Waterfront Mutual Aid and Bushwick Ayuda Mutua.
- UPLIFT! by FOSS Responders raised over $100k for projects affected by the pandemic.
- Alyssa interviews Zcoin about sustaining their work on privacy on the blockchain. See their Collective launch announcement here.
- Open Source Initiative is offering new courses about Open Source Technology Management.
Tweets that make us proud
Top Financial Contributors
Eutopia Foundation $25,000
Infotrax Systems $7,188
Two Sigma $3,600
Clay Global $3,450Top Collectives
by new backers
Bushwick Ayuda Mutua +160
East Bronx Dems +112
West Brooklyn Waterfront +111
Top New Collectives
Keeling Mutual Aid $5,000
Les Enfants du Monde $992
Got questions or news to share? We'd love to hear from you!
The Open Collective Team