We’ve been keeping ourselves pretty busy lately on OpenCollective and we’d like to share it with you!
Some of our newest collectives are:
- Unconditional Basic Income Europe. Support this collective. They are on a mission to get Unconditional Basic Income (UBI) introduced in Europe. UBIE connects members from 25 countries across the continent. With your help, they can strengthen their foundation and accelerate the UBI journey.
- DemocracyEarth Collective recently did their first live pilot on the Colombian Referendum. You can read about it here.
- WWCode is on 🔥🔥! They now have 55 networks from all around the world on OpenCollective. Support them here.
Recent sponsor activity on Open Collective
We also want to give a special shout out to sponsors that are supporting the Open Collectives. These are some of their latest contributions:
- Sauce Labs gave $500 to MochaJS
- X-Team gave $100 to Choo, Gatsby, and Webpack
- DigitalOcean gave $100 to react-static-boilerplate, and babel-starter-kit,
- Aron Allen gave $250 to Cycle.js
- Auth0 gave $100 to Silhouette and Satellizer
- Mozilla Foundation is now accepting applications for Mozilla Open Source Support. MOSS supports the Open Source and Free Software movement. Look out for the “Mission Partners” track, which is open to any free software/open source project that significantly furthers Mozilla’s mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. See https://www.mozilla.org/moss/ and https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/moss/mission-partners/
→ Deadline coming up soon! You can use your OpenCollective to receive the funds ❤️
- Editable Collective: 🎉🎉🎉 You can log in through your collective, hover over logo, mission and texts to modify. Also, you can access your profile from the dropdown menu. We are still working on hero image and adding contributors.
- Changes: You will likely notice some changes to your collective page: now the contributors counter includes backers, sponsors as well as core contributors. We believe that everyone has something to contribute and we should all be acknowledged as such.
- Support: We will keep iterating on the collective page for the next couple of weeks and we looooooove your feedback & ideas! We can’t know what’s useful for you if you don’t share it with us. Please send us anything you think relevant or silly to email@example.com and/or #user-feedback channel on https://slack.opencollective.com. We will be very thankful and send appreciative stickers your way!
- Twitter You can now link your collective to your twitter account to automatically thank your backers/sponsors. Deets here (it’s still a bit ugly but it works!)
- Slack Don’t forget to send us (firstname.lastname@example.org) your slack webhook url if you’d like to receive notifications for new donations/expenses in your slack channel.
Thank you for being part of this community!