Quick ask: I’ll be in DC tomorrow (short notice). Anyone I should meet there that you could introduce me to? (Ideally people at forward thinking foundations in need of transparency).
Here is a quick update for October.
Last month Facebook joined as an organization on open Collective and already contributed $5,200 to 8 different collectives. And it’s only the beginning. We are very excited about that.
Team is growing:
- Alanna gave birth to a baby girl Ziva 👶
- Pia’s daughter Roma just turned 2 🎂
Given that it will take a while before they can start contributing code, we decided to continue nevertheless with our plan to hire a first full-time engineer. We could always use more referrals.
- $81k Total donations through the platform: +15%
- $4.1k Total revenue: +15%
- 1,912 unique backers: +4% (3,885 unique backers to date)
- 242 Active collectives: +8%
- 37 active Hosts (100 total hosts)
- 2,437 Transactions: +4%
- Burn rate: $33k
September (for reference):
- 3,412 Backers: +14% (cumulative to date)
- 226 Active collectives: +9%
- $72k Total donations through the platform: +28% (Two large one-time donations that won’t carry over to next month)
- $3,591 Total revenue: +28%
- 35 active Hosts (95 total hosts)
- 2,307 Transactions: +19%
- Burn rate: $39k
- We hosted a great Webinar with Sean Larkin: How Webpack Reached $400K+/year in Sponsorship & Crowdfunding
- Pia’s Zeit Day Berlin Talk is live: A new way of sustaining Open Source.