Zero fees for charity
Open Collective is waiving platform fees for Collectives in Open Collective Foundation and other charity Fiscal Hosts.
The Power of Mutual Aid
Over 250 Collectives have raised more than $2m for pandemic response, from delivering groceries to people in isolation, to sourcing PPE for medical staff, to helping homeless people, to looking out for privacy in COVID apps.
Springing into action to help open source projects feeling the economic fallout from COVID-19, FOSS Responders raised $105,000 at their recent virtual event.
New expenses list
You can now filter and search, plus perform key actions, right from the expenses screen. Thanks very much to @PSudharaka for helping with this feature! Remember, we run an active bounty program for issues.
New ethical ads network
Read the Docs has been sustainable by running ethical ads for almost 5 years. As CodeFund has shut down, they’re now opening their network EthicalAds to more projects. If you want to make some money for your open source project without compromising privacy, check it out.
News & Inspiration
- Igalia is running an experiment in crowd-funding prioritization of new feature implementations for web browsers, powered by Open Collective.
- Caleb Porzio is bringing in $100k/yr through Github Sponsors. Did you know Open Source Collective offers integration with Github Sponsors right to your budget? Here's how to hook it up.
- See the the latest update from Open Source Collective, based on their transparent board meetings.
- Share your expertise, get paid, and give back on Switchboard. Let us know if you're interested in connecting your Collective.
- Projects hoosted by Open Collective Foundation can now fundraise through Benevity—if you want to hook this up, just let us know.